chocokinoko

Blogging Books w/Beth

This is my journey through a never-ending pile of TBR books.

Dead Witch Walking
Kim Harrison
Heart of Iron
Bec McMaster
Guilty Pleasures
Laurell K. Hamilton
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa
Amaury's Hellion - Tina Folsom I'm torn on rating this one. Going for 3.5 stars.

I've read some really good books lately, and this one was only okay. I liked it enough, and I will continue the series, but I don't feel like it's anything to write home about.

The plot:
Continuing where we left off, Amaury, one of the Scanguard Vampire crew has always been plagued by being able to sense everyone's emotions. It also causes him huge migraines. The only way he can find relief (in more ways that one... heh heh heh) is by having sex with anyone with boobs and lady bits.

Enter the heroine, Nina. She's supposed to be strong and fearless. I don't really get it. She thinks that the Scanguards are responsible for her brother's death. There's a mutual attraction and Amaury finds some relief in her presence (in more ways than one... heh heh heh).

The pacing and characters were better than the first novel, but I just didn't like Nina enough. She was kind of a cookie cutter version of a typical heroine. Amaury was interesting, yet everything was fairly predictable in the end. There was more action than the first book, so that's a plus.