chocokinoko

Blogging Books w/Beth

This is my journey through a never-ending pile of TBR books.

Dead Witch Walking
Laurell K. Hamilton
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa
Crimson Debt - Evangeline Anderson ☆☆☆☆☆5 Steamy Stars☆☆☆☆☆

What an unexpected surprise!

This is the first novel in the Born to Darkness series,and the first book I've read by Evangeline Anderson. I read it in one sitting, and I absolutely loved it.

In a world much like our own, but vampires are out in the open. As in many other stories, they are able to glamor people. However, glamor and human-vampire relations are heavily regulated by the government. And the government hires glam-proof auditors to maintain order. Enter Addison. She's an auditor and our story begins with her inspecting a night club, owned by a very sexy vampire.

Corbin looks forward to every audit because he feels extremely attracted to Addison. However, it is illegal for humans and vampires to be together. Corbin's luck changes when Addison approaches him for a favor. Addison's friend, who happens to be a vampire, is being abused by her master. She'll do anything to rescue her.

Such a great story. Addison was hard-headed and annoying but I still was rooting for her. And Corbin...

They're a great couple, and their relationship had a nice long development. The book doesn't shy away from disturbing areas like abuse, discrimination & rape. But all wrapped up with a HEA and lots of sexy times.