chocokinoko

Blogging Books w/Beth

This is my journey through a never-ending pile of TBR books.

Dead Witch Walking
Kim Harrison
Heart of Iron
Bec McMaster
Guilty Pleasures
Laurell K. Hamilton
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa
Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet - Darynda Jones "Reyes Farrow ignited every cell in my body as though I were made of gasoline, one spark away from being engulfed in flames. He knew what he did to me. He had to. And that alone kept me sane."

This is a great book! It's full of awesome quotes that make you weak in the knees. But then the author throws this at you:

"If you must eat a banana in public, never make eye contact."

Brief Synopsis

Charley Davidson is struggling after her run in with the last baddie. She hasn't left her apartment in months, is running out of money, and is addicted to shopping. Until one day she decides to leave her apartment and the shit hits the fan. She continues the tradition of having people try to kill her, taking on new cases and lusting after Reyes. Oh yeah, and she still hasn't figured out how her powers work.

I loved this book. It's frickin' hilarious.

"You know those women in nursing homes who have to be restrained around the clock because they mix up everyone's medication and steal all the bedpans... that's going to be you."

It's also steamy.

"That doesn't mean it's love."
"It could be, I promise you. Take off that sweater and give me ten minutes, and you'll believe beyond a shadow of a doubt you're in love."

Charley continues to be an intriguing character; she's got depth, humor and character. She's flawed, and perfect for Reyes. Reyes is in great form in this book - sexy and dangerous. Oh I love Reyes, I wish he was real.

If that review was too long, just know this: